Sunday, July 29, 2012

Shooting and Table Tennis

So this was yesterday when we saw shooting. Just to see one event we have to leave the apartment around 6:30AM and walk 45min to the train station for a hour long train ride to London. By the time we get into London it usually takes about a hour to get to the event by the underground. Oh and then some more walking to the venue. The events usually last about 3 hours or so and when it is all said and done we usually find ourselves back in Oxford by 9 or 10pm. Now as you can see we do get a lot of exercising in, but very exhausted by the end of the day. For the most part I will just let these photos do the talking. As far as the sports went we both learned a lot. In shooting they shoot to a target about the 20 inches in diameter and when the target is struke it measures the shot by microphones in each corner of the target. The USA didn't final in either event we saw. We saw the 10 meter pistol for Men and 10 meter rifle for Women. It was a medal match to so we actually got to see the first medals handed out at the Olympics. As far table tennis goes... Well it was awesome! I learned a lot more about the rules of table tennis that well none of us that play go by. I won't go into that right now, but I'll have to explain it to those I work with later on. I'm just going to post a few photos here and get to bed. It's about 10:30 here and I am going to need to be up at 5:30 so we can get to the swimming event tomorrow. I will try and tell more next time!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I watched the Men's 10 meter air rifle live! I tried to look for you in the crowd. You forgot to mention South Korea won the gold!

    ReplyDelete